Some things you will need to know for the Summer Season:
Some things you will need to know for the Summer Season:
- Games and Kickoff Times. First game is June 18th, 2023. Games will be played on Sundays between 1-5pm at Pocono Mt. East Gyms. June 18th-August 20th. There will be no games July 2nd. August 13th and 20th will be available as makeup weeks if needed. Every week may be a different kickoff time so must check schedule weekly. Kickoffs are either 1pm, 2pm, 3pm or 4pm. Please arrive a minimum of 15 mins before kickoff for team warmups.
- Official Rosters and Schedules. Rosters and schedules will be sent out sometime after Memorial Day. We hope to have everything finalized and emailed to everyone by the first week in June.
- How are Teams Created? We will use the information provided through the registrations, including Team Mate Requests to create the teams. We try our best to make sure that teams are equally skilled, in hopes of making this a fun experience for all!
- Divisions. Pre K-1st 3v3 soccer no keepers; 2nd-3rd 5v5 with keepers; 4th-6th 5v5 with keepers. A boys division and a girls division for each (as long as the registration numbers allow it) Smaller roster sizes ensure that everyone stays involved in the game and that everyone gets their touches on the soccer ball!
- Coach/Volunteers. Teams will be coached by East High School Soccer Players. For any parents interested in helping out please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Playing Time. The PMYSL is a recreational youth soccer league that has a substitution system in place, which promotes equal playing time for all. Every PMYSL team must follow. Players will be rotated after every substitution period.
- Game Length. Games will consist of Four 10 minute periods with 1 minute rest in between the periods. At the mid way point of each quarter (5 minute mark) there will be substitutions. There will be no over-time.
- Game Shirt. Game shirts will be handed out at the first game on June18th. For anyone who misses the first game, we will bring their game shirt to the 2nd week as well.
- What if there's a storm or cancellation? If there is inclement weather and the games need to be cancelled, an email and notification will be sent out to everyone. There have been makeup days built into the schedule.
- Are there any Practices? No there are no practices included with the league. The league is focused on providing an opportunity for the kids to get out there and have some fun and see if playing soccer is something they enjoy! For those looking to get more “practice” in, we suggest looking into : Pocono Mt. Youth Soccer Academy (fall and spring), Snyder Soccer School (winter/spring/summer). Both of those programs are run through Soccer in the Poconos and can be found on this website.
- Picture Day. Picture Day is still TBD but looking like June 25th.Team photos and individual photos will be taken at the school. Picture Packages will be offered for families to purchase. More information on pictures will be distributed throughout the season.
- Team Standings and Schedules. All League information regarding divisions, standings, games schedules, etc can be found at www.soccerinthepoconos.com/pmysl once rosters and teams are created.
- Sideline Etiquette. We ask that all coaches, parents, and all other spectators please respect everyone else around them. We also ask that everyone stays in the designated spectating areas. No profanity or negative comments will be tolerated, especially towards referees and/or any of the players. Please be mindful of other fans while spectating. Please continue to practice social distancing when possible and wearing masks when around others and following CDC recommendations. No tobacco, alcohol, or drug use is permitted on school property. Pets are also not allowed.
- Referees. The referees are all volunteer high school boys and girls soccer players. Please keep in mind that they are not professional referees and this is not a competitive league. These soccer players are donating their time to the soccer community and are trying to give back to the youth of Pocono Mountain. Spectators should only be cheering on the players and not communicating with the referees. Anyone that gives the referees a hard time will be asked to leave and not return for the remainder of the season.
- Unique League Rules.
- Substitution Rule. At the end of every period, the players will be rotated to ensure equal playing time.
- No offsides. There is no offsides in the PMYSL. Cherry Picking (aka standing by the goal and waiting for the ball) will also not be allowed.
- Build Out Lines. Each field will have a build out line. When there is a goal kick or the goalkeeper has the ball (7v7), the opposing team must be behind the build out line. This line allows the team with the ball an opportunity to “build out” of their defensive half. This rule helps promote player development.
- No player can be within the restricted area, that is in front of the goals. (3v3 divisions). This will lead to either a penalty shot or a goal kick, depending on which team goes in the restricted area.
- No punting or drop kicks in the 4v4 divisions or throwing over half line.
- No player can play more than half of the game in the goal and must play at least one period on the field. (4v4 divisions)
- No player can score more than 6 goals a game. The PMYSL promotes teamwork.
- What do the Players Need? cleats, shin guards, soccer shorts, soccer socks, water.
- League Vision. PMYSL was created to provide the youth of Pocono Mountain an affordable and fun soccer opportunity AND to bring soccer back to the area! PMYSA was a staple in the community during the 90s and the PMYSL plans to do the same for the community moving forward! We are excited for the future of youth soccer here at Pocono Mountain and plan to continue to offer more programs in the future such as: winter league, travel all-star soccer teams, summer camps, and more!
- Who Runs PMYSL? Pocono Mt School District does not run PMYSL. PMYSL is run privately by Soccer in the Poconos LLC and is directed and ran by Coach Dan Snyder, PMYSL Director. All questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Please look to download the SportsEngine App to receive PMYSL information moving forward.
- Once rosters are finalized you will be given YOUR SportEngine team information to signup on the app and connect with your team.
- After rosters and schedules are released: All PMYSL in-season information, such as updates, game cancellations etc., will be sent through SportsEngine.
- Internal Team communication will also happen through the SportsEngine App.
* You can also contact the league with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
IF INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED IN THIS COMMUNITY LEAGUE please reach out to Dan Snyder at email@example.com